Saturday, November 14, 2009

Friday the 13th!

Friday the 13th tried to curse us with bad luck, but it failed.
     First, we woke up to a hot water heater that gave out it's last breath in the form of water spewing all over the basement floor.  We had to go buy a new one. Not something I had planned in my purchases before Christmas, but very grateful the money was there.
     Then my little black cat got into a fight last night.  He came limping to his bowl this morning with a front paw double in size from swelling. I had to take him to the vet. He got a shot and some pain meds and hopefully is on the mend.
     The good news is that we got new insulation in the attic and in the crawl space.  Just one day before the first snow storm hit us.  We also will get 1/2 back in a rebate! woo hoo!
     My front entryway is finally done, and Moni got my house immaculately cleaned so that she could have friends over to play games last night. 

All-in-all it was an excellant day! Maybe Friday the 13th doesn't have to be unlucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment